A unique event, months in the planning will offer a thorough insight into people managment across the military. Book your place today, spaces are filling up fast.
This event is aimed at HR professionals working at any level from Band 6 upwards. It aims to give an insight in to HR practices in a different sector and includes speakers from each of the Tri-services. It has been planned with input from NHS Employers and representatives from the Army, Air Force and Navy.
Overview of the Agenda
0900 Arrival and coffee reception
0930 Opening address and objectives - David Holmes: Vice President HPMA West Midlands & Birmingham Community Healthcare NHS Trust HR Director
• Defence and current strategic operating space - Colonel Katherine M Richardson: Commanding Officer - Royal Centre for Defence Medicine
• NHS Employers and Reservist Employment - Gemma Wright: NHS Employers Reservist Programme lead
• Reservist recruitment regional updates
Army: Lieutenant Colonel Richard Jones
RAF: Squadron Leader Carrie-Anne Rossi
Navy: Lieutenant Commander Robert Jaffier
• Defence Relationship Management - Siamha Butt: Regional Employer Engagement Director
1050 Coffee break
1100 Morning presentations continue
• People / workforce management - Lieutenant Colonel Chris Gibson
• Values and ethos / Leadership development - Brigadier Simon Bell
• Change management - Brigadier Simon Bell
1200 Networking lunch
1250 ‘The Stretcher Challenge’; table top exercise
1350 Coffee break
1400 Breakout sessions (2 x 45 minute sessions, delegates attend both)
• The Recruitment Cycle led by Brigadier Peter Gilbert
• Welfare, health and wellbeing led by Surgeon Captain John Sharpley, Royal Navy
1530 Group feedback & closing address - David Holmes
Places are limited to 3 delegates per Trust and are free to HPMA members only.
Non-Members charge is £50.