Judging at the HPMA Excellence in People Awards is a great way to share your knowledge and experience, and benefit from a fascinating snapshot of best practice in our professional community.
You will have the opportunity to encounter teams and initiatives, enhance your profile, grow your network and in the end, celebrate with the finalists and winners at the awards celebration in June.
“The judging panels showed a real breadth of experience; I was on panels with CEOs, fellow HR Directors and National leads – an exclusive bunch, but all celebrating excellence in HR.” 2016 Judge.
As a judge your role is to:
Stage 1: Review and score entries from one (perhaps two) categories in the programme alongside sector specialists and sponsor judges (up to 40 project entries).
Stage 2: of the judging process you will interview a variety of organisations and people, as they share their project initiatives at the virtual judging panels (normally two categories but not all shortlisting judges are asked to act as panel judges at stage two).
Use your knowledge and experience in assessing the entries both online and on judging day, giving you the opportunity to learn, ask questions and clarify important issues as a respected authority.
Provide scores and written comments giving your expert opinions, and be willing to debate project merits with fellow judges. Being willing to offer written feedback to entrants is now an important part of judging, as our online awards portal allows all entrants to review judges’ comments to help identify areas for improvement and project development.
Being a judge helps you to:
- Enhance your credibility and reputation
- Network with other workforce leaders and join an influential healthcare community
- Build your personal profile through our website and social media exposure
What do I need to qualify as a judge?
We are looking for a diverse team of judges with a range of knowledge, skills and experience to give category judging and stage two panels a robust mix of expertise.
Therefore we are looking for applicants who meet one or more of the following criteria:
- knowledge, skills, and experience in a variety of practice areas and disciplines
- substantial business experience
- relevant professional qualifications and/or membership
- experience judging other awards programmes (not essential)
- a passion for the delivery of exceptional patient care through
- an HPMA member (either as an individual or through your organisation)
All judges will be notified by the end of March if they are required to shortlist and/or attend the virtual judging panels. Those shortlisting will have 2 weeks to shortlist their category. Judges will be emailed all shortlisted details.