Welcome to the June edition of the HPMA membership newsletter.
Interact and learn more about what the West Midlands branch is up to by following us on Twitter - @HPMAWestMids
Paul Taylor-Pitt will be hosting an OD Event for HR Practitioners on the 30th April at Mills and Reeves Office, 78-84 Colmore Row, Birmingham, B3 2AB.
Lunch will be provided – if you have any dietary requirements please let me know
The event will be focussing on:
* The OD Mindset
* OD Tools and Techniques
* Application of the OD Tools and Techniques
To book onto this event please click on the link below
10th May 10am-12:30pm - Handling Whistleblowing Concerns and Preventing Problems (A HR, Legal and Regulatory Perspective) - Browne Jackson Offices, Birmingham
This session is a very practical and up to date review of the many lessons to be learned from handling whistleblowing cases. We will consider whistleblowing issues from a practical HR perspective, a case law perspective and consider the best practice recommendations from the case reviews published by the National Guardian’s Office.
If you have asked yourself:
• when should we categorise a complaint as a “speaking up” concern?
• how should we respond to a personal issue raised through the Raising Concerns Policy?
• which policy should we use when an employee raises a concern about a bullying and harassment or a bullying culture through the Speak Up Guardian and how do we ensure that we are sighted on whether bullying is properly recorded and tackled in our organisation?
this session will provide you with answers and practical tips.
What will the session cover?
• Determining the relevant processes to be applied when a concern is raised
• Discussions surrounding the menu of relevant HR policies and the respective pros and cons of following their particular approach
• The process for commissioning complex HR investigations – who to involve / true independence and drafting Terms of Reference
• Case studies of typical issues raised by staff either via HR or via Freedom to Speak up Guardians and the organisational response
• Discussion regarding lessons learned from the National Guardian’s Office case reviews into whistleblowing concerns and NHS Improvement role in handling speak up concerns
• The role of HR and Regulators in managing compliance with Regulation 5 following the recent publicity surrounding Regulation 5 and the recent report of the PHSO into the exiting of Directors and re-employment within other NHS organisations.
If you would like to book onto this session please click on the link below