One stop recruitment shop
Sandwell and West Birmingham Hospitals NHS Trust
Frieza Mahmood, Deputy Director of People and OD
Michelle Jarrott, Recruitment Manager
Amir Ali, Head of Engagement, Retention and Nurse Recruitment
The aim was to design a recruitment process that was candidate focused, accessible, stress- free and streamlined. Its success meant that vacancy levels reduced by over 54% in 6 months and the dropout rate reduced from 35% to 7%. Time to hire reduced from 27 weeks to 10 weeks and sickness levels in hard to recruit areas fell by 1.5%. Temporary staffing spend decreased yielding over £1.2million saving.
- Combined tester and recruitment events specifically for area/department recruiting
- Candidates met executive team, spoke to staff, had 4D virtual tour and experienced the job they would be doing
- Candidates had preview of range of benefits on offer
- Completed job application on the day
- Ability to receive on the day job offers and walk away with contract.
A clear diagnostic process led to the team creating recruitment initiatives that connected with the community in more ways than one. They facilitated the opening of Trust buildings and enabled a preview of staff benefits so that potential recruits could see for themselves what it would feel like to work there.