The London branch of the HPMA runs the London Healthcare People Management Academy as a ‘go to’ place for the development of HR/OD/workforce practitioners in the NHS in London and surrounding areas. We run a comprehensive programme of 100 development events each year for 50 NHS organisations, including a proactive approach to talent management for workforce professionals with talent pools and development programmes.
To see a copy of events that are currently booking, go to our Eventbrite page
Our objectives are:
- To provide the best possible development opportunities to enhance the competence and capabilities of workforce colleagues across member organisations
- Stay abreast of current thinking in people management to ensure development delivered is continually stretching our members.
- Provide networking opportunities across member organisations to enable the sharing of best practice in people management; increase collaboration across organisations; consolidate knowledge and accelerate learning
- Maintain current membership and attract new members in a sustainable way
- Work closely with our partners including member organisations, development providers, sponsors, CIPD, HFMA, local authority, the Leadership Academy, HEE etc
- To utilise our resources in the most cost effective way, continuing to deliver low cost high quality development and attract additional central funding where possible.
HPMA London Academy Team
HPMA London Academy Board
The London branch of the HPMA strives to bring you development and stretch. Below we have the link to our growing and ground-breaking Resource Hub.
You can also find links to our ASPIRE Deputy Director Talent Pool and ASPIRE Business Partner programme.
Even if the application dates have passed, please do have a read and see what the programmes offer and if this is something you would like to apply for next year!
We have developed a social movement to improve equality, diversity and inclusion for the HR and OD profession. This includes several pieces of work including a high profile anti racist leadership development programme for HR and OD leaders. This work is supported by Peter Cheese, Chief Executive, CIPD as outlined in his blog below. More details of this work are included in the Realising My Potential Resource Hub.