The London branch of the HPMA runs the London Healthcare People Management Academy as a ‘go to’ place for the development of HR/OD/workforce practitioners in the NHS in London and surrounding areas. We run a comprehensive programme of 100 development events each year for 50 NHS organisations, including a proactive approach to talent management for workforce professionals with talent pools and development programmes.
Our objectives are:
- To provide the best possible development opportunities to enhance the competence and capabilities of workforce colleagues across member organisations
- Stay abreast of current thinking in people management to ensure development delivered is continually stretching our members.
- Provide networking opportunities across member organisations to enable the sharing of best practice in people management; increase collaboration across organisations; consolidate knowledge and accelerate learning
- Maintain current membership and attract new members in a sustainable way
- Work closely with our partners including member organisations, development providers, sponsors, CIPD, HFMA, local authority, the Leadership Academy, HEE etc
- To utilise our resources in the most cost effective way, continuing to deliver low cost high quality development and attract additional central funding where possible.